Scholarship Title: WH Bryan Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2018
Scholarship Description: The Bryan Foundation is awarding a new PhD Scholarship in the Earth Sciences valued a $150,000. The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project who have already enrolled in or commenced a PhD program, will not be eligible.
The aim of the WH Bryan Scholarship is to advance the understanding of Queensland Earth Sciences by addressing a globally significant problem leading to impactful outcomes, with the supported project to be led by an outstanding PhD candidate.
The University of Queensland is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Earth Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship:
- Will be awarded for the first time in June 2018. The host university will administer scholarship funds;
- Will provide $32,000 per year stipend and $18,000 per year towards project research costs over three years;
- Will provide flexibility to the supervisory team in terms of managing research support, such as allowing research support funds to be used to provide a six month scholarship extension;
- Is to support some international activities by the scholar such as international conference presentations, field workshops and laboratory work; and
- Has some funding exclusions, including tuition fees (required for international students), salaries of supervisory staff and large equipment purchases (e.g., >$10,000). Full details on funding exclusions will be made available in February 2018.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligible Countries: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
- The successful candidate must be hosted at one of the three tertiary institutions in Queensland that teach/research in Earth Sciences, being The University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology and James Cook University.
- The Scholarship is available for domestic or international students with the aim of supporting developing researchers in obtaining a highly valued research experience in Queensland.
- The WH Bryan Scholarship is to support a new student and project. Students that have already received or accepted a PhD scholarship offer, and/or who have already enrolled in, or commenced a PhD program, will not be eligible.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Application Procedure: Each application is to include information on:
- PhD Candidate – curriculum vitae, academic transcripts and a brief statement outlining why they are applying and how does this fit into their future career
- Project description
- Research significance
- Supervisory team CV
- Research environment
The main written application is expected to be no more than 10 pages. Each application must be submitted from the host university.
ZIM là hệ thống trường tiếng Anh học thuật chất lượng cao tại Việt Nam. Tại Anh Ngữ ZIM, để giúp từng học viên học tập hiệu quả và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi IELTS, các chuyên gia luyện thi cấp tốc và các chuyên gia về phương pháp giảng dạy ngôn ngữ Anh đã xây dựng hệ thống giáo trình chuyên sâu và bài bản.
Với hệ thống đào tạo và hỗ trợ học viên chuyên nghiệp, tập trung vào tính hiệu quả, ZIM không chỉ đảm bảo thành công mà còn đem đến những trải nghiệm học tập tuyệt vời nhất cho học viên. Từ những giá trị đó , ZIM đã và đang giúp các thế hệ trẻ Việt Nam đạt được những mục tiêu tuyệt vời trong sự nghiệp học tập của bản thân.