|Describe an article you read about healthy life
You should say:
And explain what you thought about this article
Band 8 Sample
Today I want to share with you one of my most favourite articles of all time named “Ten ways to live longer”, which was published in the Guardian – a very famous British magazine, and is, in my opinion, a must-read article about human health and well-being.
I believe that the more people become wiser, the more they will care about their health. The first surprising thing I noticed about this article was about the country with the longest life expectancy, which was Japan, for both men and women. The question is, how do they do it? Well, apparently Japanese people simply have regular health check-ups and pay close attention to hygiene in every aspect of their lives. Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle is one of the golden rules of good health, yet this is still a major problem in many countries around the world. In other words, get your running shoes on and never just sit around all day. Another major point I learnt was that you should get your blood pressure checked regularly because high blood pressure is the number one factor that leads to early death and years of poor health.
According to the article, the ten things to do or avoid included some things like, not smoking, eating seeds and not junk, drinking in moderation, staying out of hospital, and not getting stressed, which all seem quite obvious but can certainly change your life if you follow these rules. You don’t need to do strenuous or vigorous exercise in order to have better health. Simply drink a little bit less each day, add a little bit more vegetables to your diet and do something as simple as carrying your heavy shopping bags instead of using the trolley to improve your muscle strength at least two days a week. Sounds easy, right?
- articles – a piece of writing in a newspaper or magazine
- published – to make something available to the public by printing it eg. a book, magazine etc
- must-read – something that is highly recommended to read
- wiser – smarter
- life expectancy – a prediction of how long something or someone will live
- health check-ups – visiting the doctor to check your health
- pay close attention – to look or do something in detail
- hygiene – keeping yourself and your environment clean in order to avoid sickness and disease
- sedentary lifestyle – a lazy lifestyle with little or no exercise or physical activity
- golden rules – the most important rules
- get your running shoes on – put your shoes on to prepare for some exercise
- number one factor – the number one cause of
- obvious – easily seen or understood
- strenuous – needing or using a lot of energy or effort
- vigorous – very energetic
- trolley – shopping cart
ZIM là hệ thống trường tiếng Anh học thuật chất lượng cao tại Việt Nam. Tại Anh Ngữ ZIM, để giúp từng học viên học tập hiệu quả và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi IELTS, các chuyên gia luyện thi cấp tốc và các chuyên gia về phương pháp giảng dạy ngôn ngữ Anh đã xây dựng hệ thống giáo trình chuyên sâu và bài bản.
Với hệ thống đào tạo và hỗ trợ học viên chuyên nghiệp, tập trung vào tính hiệu quả, ZIM không chỉ đảm bảo thành công mà còn đem đến những trải nghiệm học tập tuyệt vời nhất cho học viên. Từ những giá trị đó , ZIM đã và đang giúp các thế hệ trẻ Việt Nam đạt được những mục tiêu tuyệt vời trong sự nghiệp học tập của bản thân.