|Describe a service from a company or shop
You should say
And explain how you feel about it
Band 8 Sample
Hmn, this is indeed an interesting question. Well, regarding some excellent service that I received, I must say that I was really impressed by a company called Traveloka, which provided me with a booking service for flight tickets and a hotel reservation.
Last summer, my mother and I made up our mind to go on a trip to Taiwan. Previously, we would just simply book a package tour from a travel agent and they would take care of all the expenses and itinerary for us. However, this time both me and my mom wanted to do everything on our own, from booking the plane tickets to choosing the hotel and planning the trip.
Thanks to a friend’s recommendation, I tried booking flight tickets online, from a website called Traveloka.com. This website is a product of the Traveloka company, which aims to provide a user-friendly platform for users to search and book flight tickets and hotel rooms.
At first I held a lot of doubt over this website since I had never bought plane tickets online before. However, after browsing through the site for a while, I was quite impressed by the sites’ smartly designed layout and easy-to-follow content, and furthermore, it only took a few minutes to find the plane tickets that I wanted. Another good point to mention about the service was how quickly and convenient the payment was. They offered a variety of payment methods, such as credit card, bank transfer or direct debit, which would suit many different customers’ needs.
Thanks to Traveloka, I managed to book the plane tickets at a reasonable price and at lightning speed. Both my mother and I were completely satisfied with the service that we received, and we gave the website a 5 star rating on the user review page. I would also recommend this site to other friends of mine.
- impressed by – have a positive effect or influence on your feeling about something
- hotel reservation – an accommodation booking at a hotel
- made up our mind – decided
- package tour – a holiday you purchase with accommodation and travel together from a travel agent
- travel agent – a person or business that specialises in booking holidays
- itinerary – the day to day plan of a holiday or journey
- user-friendly – easy to use or understand
- platform – an app or program used for a service
- held a lot of doubt over – to not trust or to have doubt about something
- smartly designed layout – well designed
- easy-to-follow – easy to use
- at lightning speed – really fast