|Describe a newly-opened shop
You should say:
Band 8 Sample
I am going to talk about a newly-opened convenience store in my neighbourhood called Circle K. Actually, Circle K is an extremely popular chain-store from America and has multiple outlets around Hanoi now.
But the Circle K that I’m speaking about was recently built only a couple of blocks away from where I live and I noticed it as soon as it was built. Also, because of its eye-catching logo with a giant, red letter K in a white circle, it’s quite hard to miss.
I think that the main reason that I became a regular customer of Circle K was because of one particular item that they sell in their stores, and I was on cloud nine when I discovered it, my favourite alcoholic drink, Vodka Cruiser. You know Cruiser’s only contain 4.5% alcohol which is perfect for a lightweight like me. And so, after my discovery, Circle K pretty much became a regular hangout spot of mine where my buddies and I would sometimes meet up and sit outside the store with a couple of Cruiser’s chatting about our lives and stuff. It’s actually kind of embarrassing but Circle K is the place where I come to let off some steam after a break up or some other big drama I have in my life.
So yeah, as long as Circle K still keeps on selling Vodka Cruisers, it will always be my favourite shop.
- convenience store – a store that sells some commonly used items and stays open long hours
- chain-store – a shop that is one of many owned by a larger company that all sell the same products
- outlets – a place where things are sold
- blocks – the distance from one street to the next
- eye-catching – very attractive or noticeable
- hard to miss – obvious, or easy to see
- on cloud nine – extremely happy
- lightweight – a person that is thin, light, and/or gets drunk easily
- hangout spot – a place to relax with friends or by yourself
- chatting – to talk with someone in a friendly informal way
- let off some steam – to do something that helps you relax and get rid of anger or frustration
- big drama – a big problem or issue