Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Band 8 và từ vựng theo chủ đề Job & Career.
Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 Sample
It is thought that there are disparities in the types of job compatible for males or females owing to their distinct physical and mental strengths. Although occupational suitability based on gender is justifiable to some degree, reality, in my opinion, has proven otherwise.
On the one hand, it would be absurd to ignore the fact that jobs which require tremendous physical strength and agility such as mining feature male labor. Women, meanwhile, are assumed to be better at tasks that take great patience as well as skills to perform like household chores. In fact, a majority of men and women could not exchange their preferred fields of expertise, which is a strong reason for the distribution of the types of jobs among the two sexes.
On the other hand, I still believe there should not be any specific rules for occupational compatibility regarding gender. A lot of men are growing more interested in taking responsibilities for childcare and housework which are typically considered feminine. Women, by contrast, are showing great versatility in various jobs, even those demanding both brains and brawn. Female gymnasts have been increasing in number; and nobody can deny that mental and physical perseverance are fundamental for gymnastics. In addition, women’s social status has been improved thanks to the success of world-class businesswomen and politicians, Hillary Clinton for example. This is a plain proof against the belief of gender-specific career pursuit.
In conclusion, while there is still some truth to the aforementioned disparity in job selection, I think men and women are now equal in terms of such an aspect.
Word count: 263
1. Disparities in the types of job compatible for males or females: sự phân biệt trong loại công việc tương thích với đàn ông và phụ nữ
2. Distinct physical and mental strengths: Những điểm mạnh khác biệt về thể chất và tinh thần
3. The distribution of the types of jobs among the two sexes: Sự phân bố các loại công việc giữa những người khác giới
4. Occupational compatibility regarding gender: Sự tương thích nghề nghiệp dựa trên giới tính
5. Great versatility in various jobs: Khả năng có thể đảm nhiệm tốt nhiều loại công việc
6. Both brains and brawn: Cả trí não lẫn thể chất
7. Gender-specific career pursuit: Sự theo đuổi nghề nghiệp tùy theo giới tính (tạm dịch…)
8. The aforementioned disparity in job selection: Sự phân biệt trong việc chọn lựa ngành nghề vừa đề cập đến ở trên