In the future, it seems more difficult to live on the Earth. Some people think more money should be spent on researching other planet to live, such as Mars.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 Sample
Many people believe more financial resources should be allocated to universe study in order to discover a new habitable environment for humans due to the increasingly harsh living conditions on Earth. In my opinion, this idea is completely justifiable.
The population explosion is the first urgent matter that urges results from space study. The world is facing the threat from the lack of land and accommodation for the ever-increasing rate of birth. Especially in densely populated cities like Hanoi, it is a common picture of people struggling to find an apartment. This forces humans to resort to alternatives of changing living places to
other planets. Such an idea would not be actualized without enough money to employ scientists or establish research facilities, emphasizing the demand for sponsorships.
Another thing which justifies the budget spent on discovering a new suitable home for human beings is the depletion of natural resources, such as fuel and water. Unfortunately, fossil fuels and water reservoir are being over-exploited for short-term benefits. In the long term, essential elements for sustaining life will dwindle away, and human life will be put at stake since there is no fuel to maintain production or transportation. Therefore, if there is even a fragile hope to discover a new environment, people should value the opportunity and invest money in researches on the space to ensure the survival of the human race.
In conclusion, I strongly suppose that financial investments on discovering another planet as a new home to replace the Earth are reasonable.
- Universe study: nghiên cứu vũ trụ
- A new habitable environment: môi trường có thể sinh sống
- The increasingly harsh living conditions: điều kiện sống ngày càng khắc nghiệt
- The population explosion: Bùng nổ dân số
- Space studies: Nghiên cứu không gian
- The lack of land and accommodation: thiếu hụt đất đai và chỗ ở
- Rate of birth: tỉ lệ sinh
- Densely populated cities: thành phố mật độ dân số cao
- Depletion of natural resources: cạn kiệt tài nguyên thiên nhiên
- Fossil fuel and water reservoir: bể chứa nước và nguyên liệu hóa thạch
- Over-exploited: khai thác quá đà
- Sustaining life: duy trì sự sống
- The survival of the human race: sự sống còn của loài người