Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS
This covers the vocabulary needed by students taking the IELTS test. It provides students with practice of test tasks from each paper. It includes useful tips on how to approach IELTS exam tasks and covers especially tricky areas such as the language needed to describe data and processes. It is informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and the Cambridge Learner Corpus to ensure that the vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts and includes real learner errors.
- Covers all the vocabulary needed for the IELTS test with exam practice of all papers.
- Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus, including the Cambridge Learner Corpus ensuring vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts, and covers the errors that students really make.
- Common learner error warnings help students be aware of and avoid making common mistakes.
- Regular progress tests allow students to consolidate their learning and chart their progress.
- Tips on how to approach IELTS tasks practised in the book and how to learn vocabulary are ideal for the self-study student.
- Wordlists in the appendices provide a useful checklist and revision resource for students.
- The topic based unit approach means the material can easily be used to supplement an exam coursebook.