Scholarship Title: Fully Funded Journalism Fellowships for International Students at Reuters Institute in UK, 2018
Scholarship Description: The Reuters Institute is inviting applications for Journalism Fellowships to study in the UK. Fellowships may be for three, six or nine months covering one or two terms or a full academic year (October – June) respectively.
The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism offers fully funded Fellowships to well established mid-career journalists from throughout the world.
About University: The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism is a globally focused research center at the University of Oxford. We track the world’s media, its trends, developments, and forecasts. We connect relevant and engaging academic research with journalistic practice, linking rigorous analysis with practical experience. Established in 2006, we’re based at the Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to mid-carrier journalists.
Available Subject: Priority will be given to journalists proposing research projects within the following four areas of focus:
- Journalism and Democracy – This encompasses projects exploring the functions of media in political information, engagement, and participation, the roles of journalism and other media and communication platforms in democratization, the interplay of politics and the media, and public policies toward media.
- The business of Journalism – These projects are focused on the practices and effects of business / financial reporting, variations in practices around the globe, relationships between journalists and sources, and how coverage portrays and effects national and international economic and financial policies.
- Journalism Practice – These includes projects exploring topics such as the role of news and journalism in creating awareness and understanding of science and medicine, reporting of risk, business/financial reporting, relationships between journalists and sources, and on journalism affects public opinion and governmental policies.
- Media Policy – This incorporates projects investigating policies and proposed policies affecting media, such as structural and behavioral regulation of broadcasting, press regulation, pluralism policies, ownership controls, content regulation, taxation, and subsidies.
Other areas of research can be considered providing these are clearly related to the professional work of applicants and will lead to greater excellence in journalism.
Scholarship Benefits: Awards may include travel expenses (including air travel economy class) and a modest living allowance. This arrangement is subject to variation. Spouses and partners (including with dependents) are welcome but under no circumstances will the Fellowship Programme pay the travel or living costs of visiting spouses or dependents. Journalists on Fellowships from the Thomson Reuters Foundation, Mona Megalli, Wincott and Google will receive a monthly stipend of £2,000 for their living costs during their stay in Oxford, as well as covering travel costs within reason.
Eligible Nationalities: Journalists from throughout the world are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism offers fully funded Fellowships to well established mid-career journalists from throughout the world. Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ experience in any branch of journalism and demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to be able to participate fully in the life of the Programme and write a research paper in English of publishable quality.
To be considered for a Fellowship you must have a minimum of five years journalistic experience, or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise.
Applicants will be able to write at a publishable level of English, allowing you to participate in the fellowship and produce papers when necessary.
Candidates who are carrying out a research project within one of the Reuters Institute of Journalism’s areas of interest will be given priority in the selection process.
Below is a list of the materials you will need to complete your application:
- A full curriculum vitae
- A personal statement outlining i) your journalistic values, ii) the major trends in the media landscape in which you work, and iii) a summary of what you think you would contribute to the Fellowship programme (no more than 500 words in total).
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence
- A second professional reference (e.g. former employer)
- A sample of your work (please see specific requirements below)
Deadline: January 31, 2018
ZIM là hệ thống trường tiếng Anh học thuật chất lượng cao tại Việt Nam. Tại Anh Ngữ ZIM, để giúp từng học viên học tập hiệu quả và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi IELTS, các chuyên gia luyện thi cấp tốc và các chuyên gia về phương pháp giảng dạy ngôn ngữ Anh đã xây dựng hệ thống giáo trình chuyên sâu và bài bản.
Với hệ thống đào tạo và hỗ trợ học viên chuyên nghiệp, tập trung vào tính hiệu quả, ZIM không chỉ đảm bảo thành công mà còn đem đến những trải nghiệm học tập tuyệt vời nhất cho học viên. Từ những giá trị đó , ZIM đã và đang giúp các thế hệ trẻ Việt Nam đạt được những mục tiêu tuyệt vời trong sự nghiệp học tập của bản thân.