Topic: BOOKS – IELTS SPEAKING PART 3
BAND 8 SAMPLE
- What kind of books do children like?
I’m not sure, but I guess they enjoy fairy tales and folk stories since the plots are usually quite bright. For example, most kids read Cinderella and love the book very much. I guess it is because it has beautiful characters and a happy ending.
2. What should parents do to encourage their children to read books?
It is neccessary that parents encourage their children’s reading activities at an early age. This can help kids develop a habit of reading for pleasure. Also, parents should not be too controlling over the books their children read, let them do what they like and read what they love will keep them more interested in reading.
3. Why do adults still have to read books?
I think because people can learn a lot from reading books, as books not only are stress-relieving but also enrich one’s soul and enhance one’s knowledge, and learning is a process of lifetime. For that reason, people of all ages still read books.
4. How will reading change in the future?
Owing to the developement of technology, paper books may be a thing of the past as digital books are taking over. Online reading through devices such as laptop, mobile phones and kindles are now favored since it is much more convenient. However, I can’t really tell because many of my friends still enjoy the feeling of having a book in their hands.
- Fairy tales: chuyện cổ tích
- Folk stories: Chuyện ngụ ngôn
- Encourage children’s reading activities: Khuyến khích các hoạt động đọc sách
- Enrich one’s soul: làm giàu tâm hồn
- Enhance one’s knowledge: mở rộng tri thức
- A thing of the past: một thứ lỗi thời
Trích từ IELTS Special Journal 2