- Do you like sunshine?
- No: get sunburnt (bị cháy nắng), be exposed to (tiếp xúc với), put up with the heat (chịu đựng nhiệt độ)
- Yes: the bright sky (bầu trời sáng sủa), take part in outdoor activities (tham gia các hoạt động ngoài trời)
No, I don’t. I can get sunburnt very easily if I am exposed to the sun for long periods of time. I prefer rainy days when the temperature is much cooler. A windy day or a cloudy day is also great as I can’t put up with the terrible heat from the sun.
- What do you do on sunny days?
- Well air-conditioned room (phòng có điều hoà), sweat like a pig (đổ mồ hôi như tắm – idiom)
- Take a shower (đi tắm), to beat the heat from the sun (đẩy lùi cái nóng)
I love to stay indoors because sunny days in Vietnam or other tropical countries are often very hot. I mean, a well air-conditioned room would be an excellent choice for a day with lots of sunshine. I try not to go out on such days; otherwise, I’ll sweat like a pig.
- Have you ever used sunscreen?
- Speed up the skin aging (tăng tốc độ lão hoá da), prone to skin cancer (dễ bị ung thư da)
- Every now and then (thỉnh thoảng), time-consuming (tốn thời gian)
Yes, I use it on a daily basis. Scientifically speaking, ultraviolet rays from the sun can speed up skin aging, which makes us look less attractive or even makes us more prone to skin cancer. That’s why I think it’s necessary to protect our skin by using sunscreen.