Trong phần thi IELTS Speaking, đặc biệt ở Part 2, thí sinh rất có khả năng sẽ gặp câu hỏi miêu tả một người nào đó. Vì thế, trang bị cho mình những từ vựng về chủ đề này là điều phải làm trước khi bước vào kì thi này nhé.
1. Characteristic (n) Nét đặc trưng
Example: Vietnamese people have quite different characteristics from Chinese people.
- Personal characteristics
- Inherited characteristics
- Genetic characteristics
2. Personality (n) Tính cách
Example: The children in her class have different personalities.
- To develop/ express/reflect
- Out-going personality
- The strength of somebody’s personality
3. Innate/inborn (adj) Bẩm sinh
Example: Some people believe that we all have some innate abilities which can be further developed through training.
- Inborn talents
- Inborn qualities
- Innate abilities
4. Charismatic (adj) Đức tính gây đươc lòng tin
Charisma (n) Đức tính gây đươc lòng tin
Example: My supervisor is a charismatic leader, and everyone in our department follows his directions.
- A charismatic leader/ leadership
- To demonstrate/ grow/ cultivate charisma
5. Trait (n) Nét (nét tính cách)
Example: We all inherit some certain personality traits from our parents.
- Genetic traits
- To inherit personality traits from somebody
- To share traits
6. Up-bringing: Sự nuôi dưỡng
Bring somebody up (phr) Nuôi dưỡng ai
Example: Children who have proper upbringing tend to become productive members of society in later life.
- Proper up-bringing
- Childhood up-bringing
7. Persistent (adj) Bền bỉ
Persistence (n) Sự bền bỉ
Example: This job requires a lot of hard work and persistence.
- To show remarkable persistence
8. Discipline (n) Sự kỷ luật
Example: Teachers have to maintain discipline during lessons.
- To maintain discipline
- To lack discipline
9. Self-esteem (n) Tự trọng
Example: Children who are physically punished at home tend to grow up with low self-esteem.
- Low self-esteem
- To lose/build/ destroy someone’s self-esteem
10. Tendency (n) Xu hướng
Tend to do something (phr) Có xu hướng làm gì
Example: Many youngsters nowadays show a tendency to adopt inappropriate foreign culture.
- To have/show a tendency to do something
- To have/show a tendency for something
11. Temperament (n) Khí chất
Example: To win the tournament, one has to have the right temperament.
- to have the right temperament