Trong Writing Task 2, Dạng bài OPINION là dạng bài khá phổ biến trong đề thi IELTS. Dạng bài thường yêu cầu người viết phải trình bày về 2 luồng quan điểm trái chiều, sau đó đưa ra ý kiến cá nhân.
Bài viết dưới đây, IELTS SHARE sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn tổng hợp tất cả những đề dạng OPINION và bài mẫu chi tiết, kèm từ vựng band 8.0
- Đề bài 1:
It is a natural process for animal species to become extinct (e.g. Dinosaur, dodos …) There is no reason why people should try to prevent this from happening. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 Sample
Some people believe that there are no compelling reasons for us to protect animal species from extinction as it occurs naturally. I personally disagree with this conviction and will support my argument in the essay below.
It is true that millions of years ago, many ancient species of animals, such as dinosaurs, were wiped out due to a gradual shift in climate and changing sea levels, according to some hypotheses. However, these environmental factors are not the primary contributor to the disappearance of certain species nowadays. Industrial activities have been devastating the natural habitats of wildlife and disturbing the food chain, causing the mass extinction of countless species. The increased demand for goods made from animals’ products, such as skins and horns, also leads to the rampant poaching of wild, endangered animals, rhinos for instance. In this regard, humans are held accountable and should do what is needed to rectify the situation.
Other justifications for saving wild animals involve the significant roles that they play in not only the balance of the ecosystem but also our lives. Everything in nature is connected, and if one species becomes extinct, many other animals and even plants will suffer as the food chain is disrupted. Wild animals also have great aesthetic and socio-cultural values. They contribute to our rich bio-diversity that makes this planet a beautiful place. In numerous places around the world, many types of animals play an important role in different cultures. For example, in some religions, cows are revered and worshiped as gods.
The disappearance of many animal species does not always occur as a natural process but as a consequence of our doings. It is our obligation to help preserve wild animals because their extinction will have a severe influence on many important aspects of our lives.
- To be wiped out: Bị xoá sổ
- Environmental factors: Nhân tố về môi trường
- Devastating the natural habitats of wildlife: Làm nguy hại đến môi trường sống tự nhiên của động vật hoang dã
- Disturbing the food chain: làm ảnh hưởng đến chuỗi thức ăn
- The mass extinction: Sự tuyệt chủng hàng loạt
- Animals’ products: Sản phẩm từ động vật
- The rampant poaching of wild, endangered animals: Nạn săn trộm tràn lan của động vật hoang dã có nguy cơ tuyệt chủng.
- Rectify the situation: Giải quyết vấn đề
- The balance of the ecosystem: Sự cân bằng của hệ sinh thái
- Aesthetic and socio-cultural values: Những giá trị thẩm mỹ và văn hoá xã hội
- Rich bio-diversity: Sự giàu có về đa dạng sinh học
- Revered and worshiped: Tôn kính và tôn thờ
2. Đề bài 2:
In the modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals as food or other products, such as medicines and clothing. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 Sample
The argument over the use of animals to provide food, medicine, and clothing has been ongoing for years. Some people consider the killing of animals to produce food and other products to be unnecessary. In my view, I agree with this idea and will discuss several compelling reasons in this essay.
These days, we are faced with many public health challenges regarding poor health conditions, including cancer and heart disease, caused by excessive consumption of meat on a regular and long-term basis.Experts are calling for a change in human diets so that people can enjoy better health. Fortunately, many alternative meat products are available on the market. In fact, vegetarian diets are being favored by a growing number of people and can provide the same amount of nutrients for consumers. In particular, mushrooms and tofu contain high levels of protein, a kind of nutrient presumably only found in meat, and can therefore be used as a substitute. Furthermore, medical experiments on animals and medicines manufactured from animals’ body parts received little endorsement in the past. Nowadays, herbs and many other types of plant-based medicines, such as ginseng, can cure many diseases, prolong human life expectancy, and aid medical practitioners in the treatment of many illnesses. More seriously, thousands of wild animals, such as tigers and minks, are killed each year, with their fur taken to produce coats and accessories for the fashion industry. There are now similar products made from plants and artificial materials that can fulfill our needs. Animals do not have to suffer for our needs anymore.
In conclusion, I think that our needs and desires do not justify the suffering of animals and animal products are no longer necessary. We can choose a different source of nourishment, medicine and clothing without any toll on wild animals.
- Public health challenges: những thách thức về sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Excessive consumption of meat: sự tiêu thụ thịt quá đà
- Enjoy better health: tận hưởng sức khỏe tốt hơn
- Alternative meat products: các sản phẩm thay thế thịt
- Contain high levels of protein: chứa hàm lượng Protein cao
- Receive little endorsement: nhận được rất ít sự ủng hộ
- Plant-based medicines: các loại thuốc làm từ thực vật
- Fulfill our needs: đáp ứng nhu cầu của chúng ta
- Justify the suffering of animals: bào chữa cho sự chịu đựng của động vật
3. Đề bài 3
The best way to ensure the growth of children is to make parents take parenting courses. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 Sample
Some people believe that parents should be made to undertake parenting courses in order to guarantee that their children develop well. Personally, I disagree with this idea and will outline the reasons below. On the one hand, parenting courses could equip parents with necessary skills and knowledge to help them deal with raising their children. For example, many first-time parents can be overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for their newborn infant.
Without proper instruction, they do not know how to handle or care for their baby most effectively. Parenting courses could help parents to overcome these common problems. Similarly, many parents have a great deal of trouble dealing with troublesome teenagers who are misbehaving while going through adolescence. Parenting courses could also help parents to better understand and deal with these issues. However, while parenting courses could provide a lot of good skills and information to parents, many people would argue that parenting is an innate skill that every mother and father can naturally access once they have a child. For example, many mothers instinctively know how to hold and care for their child as soon as it is born. In addition, many people have their own ideas about what good parenting involves due to their own upbringing, and cultural influences. Lastly, many people would consider it ridiculous that people should be forced to attend parenting courses as people should be free to make their own decisions.
In conclusion, although parenting courses could provide some beneficial outcomes for both parents and children, I believe that it should be up to the parents to decide whether or not they wish to participate in such courses.
- To undertake parenting courses: tham gia khoá học nuôi dạy trẻ
- To equip parents with necessary skills and knowledge: trang bị cho bố mẹ kỹ năng và kiến thức cần thiết
- Proper instruction: sự hướng dẫn đúng đắn
- New born infant: trẻ sơ sinh
- Adolescence: giai đoạn thanh thiếu niên
- An innate skill: một kĩ năng bẩm sinh
- Their own upbringing: quá trình nuôi dưỡng
- Cultural influences: những ảnh hưởng về văn hoá